Wesizwe Platinum Limited Annual General Meeting (AGM)
04 May 2016
The Wesizwe Platinum annual general meeting (AGM) was held on Wednesday, 04 May 2016 at the Holiday Inn in Sandton, with the aim to consider and pass a number of ordinary and special resolutions. The minutes of the previous AGM were adopted and a presentation of the group’s audited annual financial statements, the directors’ report, the independent auditor’s report, the audit and risk committee’s report, as well as the report of the social and ethics committee for the year ended 31 December 2015 followed. The Chairperson then tabled a number of special and ordinary resolutions for consideration and approval by the Board members.
These related to the following:
- Remuneration of directors
- Financial assistance to related and inter-related companies
- Re-election of Mr. Liliang Teng as a non-executive director
- Re-election of Mr. Dexin Chen as a non-executive director
- Confirmation of the re-appointment of the independent auditors KPMG Inc.
- Confirmation of the auditor’s remuneration
- Reappointment of Mr. Victor Thembinkosi Mabuza to the audit and risk committee of the company
- Appointment of Ms. Dawn Merle Nonceba Mokhobo to the audit and risk committee of the company
- Reappointment of Mr. Vumile Lincoln Ngculu to the audit and risk committee of the company
- Endorsement of the remuneration policy
- Placing unissued shares under directors’ control
- General authority to issue shares for cash
- Authority to action
Shareholders were also advised of the resignation of Mr. William Mike Eksteen from the Wesizwe Board, who was an Independent non-executive Director. He was thanked for his contribution. The votes for each resolution were counted and finalised and the results were announced. The business of the agenda was dealt with and the meeting was therefore declared as closed.
For more information on Wesizwe Platinum and its flagship Bakubung Platinum Mine project, visit the website – www.wesizwe.com
Manager: Corporate Communications
Tel: +27 11 994 4600
Cell: +27 72 949 9765